At Kickboard, we were teachers. These are questions that we would have asked about Kickboard if we were in your shoes.
Hint: the answer is YES!
- Can Kickboard help me improve the consistency of my classroom management so I can build stronger, more trusting relationships with my students? Yes.
- When Michael and I look at his character report in Kickboard, will I be able to show him how much he has improved at demonstrating perseverance and the other learning skills he's working on? Yes.
- Will using Kickboard make my classroom management system more sustainable so I'll want to keep using it for the whole year? Yes.
- Can I customize Kickboard to match my existing classroom management system? Yes.
- So it will save me from having to reinvent the wheel? Yes.
- Can I determine the behaviors I want to track? Yes.
- Will Kickboard help me identify trends in behavior so I can intervene before they become a problem? Yes.
- Can I do this without shuffling through lots of paperwork? Yes.
- Can I enter behaviors on my tablet in real-time? Yes.
- Can Kickboard help me make sure parents know what's going on with their students' progress? Yes.
- Can I use Kickboard to create a parent call log so I know I'm calling every parent and can see what we've talked about in the past? Yes.
- Can I use Kickboard to take detailed notes on behavior and academic progress to prepare for parent-teacher conferences? Yes.
- Can Kickboard create progress reports that include a list of itemized behaviors, missing assignments, and points the student earned for any time period I want? Yes.
- Can I do this with a single click of a button? Yes.
- Will Kickboard make it easy to regularly reward individual students for positive behaviors? Yes.
- Can I choose how many points each behavior is worth? Yes.
- Will Kickboard save me from having to add up all of the positive and negative behaviors for my students at the end of the day or week? Yes.
- Will Kickboard save me from rewards that interrupt the flow of class? Yes.
- Can I use Kickboard with my grade-level team to make sure we're all on the same page about our students' progress? Yes.
- Will everyone on the team be able to see the behaviors or assessments each teacher has entered for a given day? Yes.
- Will I be able to know if a student is behaving really well in another teacher's class so I can ask her for advice? Yes.
- Can Kickboard help us make sure no students' success goes unnoticed? Yes.
- Will Kickboard make it really easy to share information with my co-teacher? Yes.
- Can I see information for students who are on my case load directly and in real-time? Yes.
- Will Kickboard let me input assessment scores and show me how my students did on each standard, objective, or skill it covered? Yes.
- Can kickboard help me show Kendra how much she has improved at making inferences and the other skills in this unit? Yes.
- Will Kickboard work with any curriculum? Yes.
- Will Kickboard let me measure growth on any learning objective or skill, even if it's not a standard in my state's curriculum? Yes.
- Can Kickboard take the stress out of testing season? Yes.
- Will Kickboard help me use exit slips and formative assessments to prioritize the standards I need to review? Yes.
- Will I be able to do this without having to flip through a stack of 100 tests? Yes.
- Will Kickboard calculate my students' overall grade for each assessment? Yes.
- Will Kickboard save me from ever having to type the letters "=average(A2:A78)"? Yes.
Setup & Support
- When I start using Kickboard, will someone who actually worked in a school show me how to use it? Yes.
- Does your support team offer free training webinars? Yes.
- Does Kickboard have a library of videos to show me how to do specific things? Yes.
- If I get stuck, will Kickboard provide responsive, friendly support? Yes.
- Does the Kickboard team understand what it's like to be a teacher or work in a school? Yes.
- Will you show me how other teachers use Kickboard so I can learn from other teachers' successes? Yes.